Healthcare Professionals - Tools and Resources
Healthcare Professionals- Tools and Resources
The brainXchange has been a key partner in BSO since its inception, facilitating knowledge transfer and exchange activities within and between various groups. The brainXchange Resource Centre offers both information specific to the work of BSO as well as over 4,000 other useful resources within 80 searchable topic areas. Discussion forums on the brainXchange provide forum to ask questions and share information and resources.
The 3 D's (Depression, Delirium, and Dementia)
- Mount Sinai - Dementia Resources for Primary Care: Tools, resources and information specifically designed for primary care settings. An innitiative of the TC-LHIN Behavioural Support for Seniors Program, lead by the Reitman Centre for Alzheimer's Support and Training and by the PRC Program of Toronto, in partnership with the Regional Geriatric Program.
- This is Not My Mom: Information and resources about delirium
- Partnerships in Dementia Care Alliance: Enhancing dementia care by changing the culture within long-term and community care to better reflect a relationship-centered, partnership approach to care.
- Shifting focus: a guide to understanding dementia behaviour: A tool to help the families and friends of people with dementia understand behaviour caused by the disease.
- Delirium Resources: Vancouver Island Health Authority- Flow sheets, learning tools, and professional practice information.
Screening Tools, Resources, Information
- HELPS Acquired Brain Injury Screening Tool: Screening Tool for undiagnosed Acquired Brain Injury.
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health (CCSMH): The mission of the CCSMH is to promote the mental health of seniors by connecting people, ideas and resources.
- Geriatrics, Interprofessional Practice and Interorganizational Collaboration (GiiC) toolkit: Overviews, quick facts, assessment tools and algorithms, patient handouts in both French and English together with teaching materials such as slide decks to support lunch and learn sessions.
The Mississauga Halton LHIN Regional Learning Centre offers a variety of educational opportunities that are free to community members and are based on best practices. Sessions are facilitated by registered nurses and an occupational therapist. For a full list of education sessions, visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Regional Learning Centre.
- Behavioural Education and Training Supports Inventory (BETSI): An education/training decision making tool and program inventory
- Murray Alzheimer Research and Education Program (MAREP) - Education and Knowledge Translation: Workshops and training (in-person and online) designed for staff working in residential care environments such as long-term care homes, and train the trainer programs for educators; products and resources for a wide variety of audiences, such as persons living with dementia, family care partners, and professionals working in the dementia field.
- Advanced Gerontological Education – Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA): The Advanced Gerontological Education is a not-for-profit social enterprise that provides a variety of educational products to complete our mission of "enhancing the care of older adults by learning together."
- Dementiability & Montessori Methods: Our Vision is to create an environment where people living with dementia can achieve success and have the opportunity to live each day with meaning and purpose. DementiAbility strives to remove the focus that is too often placed on disability by replacing it with a focus on ability.
- Geriatric Certificate Program – McMaster University: The Geriatric Certificate Program aims to improve our aging population’s quality of care through a unique combination of well-developed educational programs.
- Putting the P.I.E.C.E.S. Together:The foundation for a common vision, a common language, and common approach to the care of older people in the long-term care sector in the Province of Ontario, Canada has been achieved through the development of a comprehensive, system-wide approach to education.